Great press release on the injustices to Marissa Alexander. As you probably know, Alexander is the Florida woman who was not allowed to use Florida’s Stand Your Ground (SYG) law in her defense after she fired warning shots to try to scare away an abusive husband who was ignoring a protective order against him by accosting her and her new baby). She was originally jailed for 20 years for firing the warning shot into the ceiling!! Later the (conservative) prosecutor went after her with a 60 year jail sentence!!!
Deals for NOW members!
- Panel on NC Being 38th State to Ratify ERA in Charlotte – 7/12/18
- Action: Stop #SCOTUS Nomination – Save Roe, Save America!
- Fayetteville NOW – Upcoming Meetings and Events – July/Aug 2018
- Save The Date: NC NOW State Conference in Raleigh – 10/20/18
- Bunton: The Impact of one more Conservative #SCOTUS Justice on Roe v Wade