Our ERA Silent Sentinels Vigil is in the news! We’re having another vigil on 4/21/15 at 2pm, after Women’s Advocacy Day (WAD). More on both here!
Women’s Advocacy Day times, events, and places
- 9:30am – 11am: Training and inspiration with keynote Dream Hampton, at the First Baptist Church, 101 South Wilmington St, Raleigh. (Just a short walk from the legislature, parking structure next door)
Link to registration and more information at http://www.ncwu.org/our-programs/womens-advocacy-day/
- 11am – 2pm: Press Conference (11:30am) and meet your legislators. Start in the NC Legislative Building at 16 W. Jones St., Raleigh.
- 2pm-3pm: Silent Sentinels vigil to encourage Judiciary I to move the House ERA bill (H166) along. In the Legislative Building, in front of office 1013. Wear your NC NOW (or other purple) shirt. https://northcarolinanow.wordpress.com/2015/04/18/silent-sentinel-vigil-for-era-on-42115-at-2pm/
AP reporter Gary Robertson covered our first vigil. His ERA article, “Push for gender-equity amendment returns to North Carolina” has been published so far (found so far) in the Winston-Salem Journal and the Charlotte Observer!!
The links to the Silent Sentinels articles are at
- Charlotte Observer – http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article18933783.html
- Winston Salem Journal – http://www.journalnow.com/news/state_region/push-for-gender-equity-amendment-returns-to-north-carolina/article_883ae356-e6ea-11e4-8aa4-ef965c3bfcd8.html
Of course, these articles can also be found (with our commentary) on NC NOW’s facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/NC-NOW-National-Organization-for-Women/180024368705304
The Indy article should come out on Wednesday (Jane Porter was the reporter).
There is still time to sign a petition to move HB166 along. We need about 250 more signatures to take it to the next level and get more exposure. Find it at https://www.change.org/p/pass-the-equal-rights-amendment-to-the-u-s-constitution-vote-favorably-on-h166