Have you called your Senators yet to tell them to vote AGAINST the latest terrible Trumpcare proposal? Please do. We *MUST* persist. Like the NWLC tweeted, “This is a civil rights fight…Let’s not throw up our hands, let’s roll up our sleeves.” @SenKamalaHarris #ProtectOurCare
Call your Senators and tell them to vote “NO” on the Graham-Cassidy Bill. In NC,
Sen. Richard Burr – Phone: (202) 224-3154
Sen. Thom Tillis – Phone: (202) 224-6342
See how to contact them by email (which obligates them to write you back) at “How to contact NC’s US Senators – Burr and Tillis.”
It’s kind of astonishing to see how low these guys will go. Cutting off all these people out of having health care? Doesn’t matter why. This is worse than the last two, which is kind of impressive.
Summary of Graham-Cassidy Obamacare Repeal bill:
- Waives several key Obamacare protections for those with pre-existing conditions.
- Defunds Planned Parenthood.
- Repeal Obamacare individual and employer mandates
- Repeals Obamacare subsidies and ends Medicaid expansion funding
- Revamps funding for Medicaid overall: Reduces federal spending and block grants it.
- Allows states to institute work requirements for Medicaid.
- If you’re over 50, you could pay as much as 5 times more for coverage, according to AARP.
- Repeals a handful of taxes.
See these areas explained at “What’s in the latest Obamacare repeal bill?,” 9/18/17, money.cnn.com.