On October 3, 2017, the U.S. House of Representatives passed a 20-week abortion ban— a major effort to limit access to abortion on a federal and state level. As the bill moves to the U.S. Senate, we can take action to stop it! Reproductive rights are under attack, let’s raise our voices NOW to stop abortion bans. Below are action steps to #StoptheBans, because we want #NoAbortionBan.
First, contact your US Senators Burr and Tillis and demanding they vote “NO” on the 20 Week Abortion Ban. Take the first action at National NOW Actions, and it will route emails to your Senators and also gives you their phone numbers. That is at http://bit.ly/2xeESPX!
But we can do more! Get samples of what you can say, email, text and tweet, at Take Action on 20 Week Abortion Ban.
Some of the messages and tweets you can use, from Take Action on 20 Week Abortion Ban follow!
1. 20 week bans are unjust and unconstitutional. http://bit.ly/2xeESPX! #StoptheBans #NoAbortionBan
2. 20 week bans put women directly in harm’s way by denying them right to make their own health care choices. #StoptheBans
3. Reproductive rights are issues of life and death for women, not mere matters of choice. #StoptheBans
4. When did politicians become gynecologists? Call your Senator today and #StoptheBans #NoAbortionBan
5. Over 17 states currently have 20 week limits on abortions. It’s time to let women make their own repro decisions. #StoptheBans