Fayetteville Chapter of NOW is sponsoring a Women’s Rally, on Saturday, January 20, 2018, at 1pm at the Downtown Market House in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
We are commemorating the anniversary of last year’s historic Women’s March on Washington (2017), and more importantly, we are celebrating the 45th anniversary of the Supreme Court Decision Roe v Wade (January 22, 1973). It’s that historic ruling that declared women’s right to privacy, afforded via the 14th amendment (due process), extends and affords women the right to have an abortion.
Additionally, we ask women who believe and realize that they can make a difference to stand with us, to join us. It will be the women (and the men who support us) working to dismantle the barriers that create the following.
- Continuation of legislation/executive orders that deny women’s reproductive rights
- Inequality in pay for the same work
- Inability to pass an Equal Rights Amendment
- Injustice for victims of domestic violence and sexual assaults
- Legislation that subverts the Civil Rights Act (voter suppression, illegal gerrymandering)
- Environment that creates bias and disrespect to our LBGTQ community
So, come out women (and the men who support women) in Cumberland and surrounding communities; and let’s stand strong as the women did recently in Virginia and Alabama. We can make that difference; because we realize the power when we “reclaim our time,” and show that we “will persist,” and then all will know that “time’s up ….
A NEW HORIZON IS COMING!!!!!!
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1990550344517126/