Women are getting the women’s marches going around NC. We know of 4 women’s march and rallies so far. Note: two added after the fact – Black Mountain on 1/19/19 and Albamarle/Stanly County on 1/12/19.
Note: this post will be split up into original notice of upcoming marches and summaries of the marches at a later time.
1. Women’s March On Asheville 2019 – January 20, 2019, 11am-2pm, S Pack Square, Asheville NC 28801. The theme is “We Believe Survivors!”
Event at – https://www.facebook.com/events/316740779104600/
2. Updated: Triad women are not doing another event this January – they did a March To The Polls last October (10/27/18) to get women fired up to vote in November. They were going to charter a bus to DC on January 18th, but decided to go to the local Asheville March on Jan 20th instead. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to join them.
3. Charlotte NC – Jan. 26, 2019, 11am-3pm, “Women United” March, First Ward Park
E 8th St and N Brevard St, Charlotte, NC 28202. Event at – https://www.facebook.com/events/2153571928301592/
4. Raleigh NC – Jan. 26, 2019, 1pm-4pm, “Women United for Justice,” Halifax Mall, Raleigh NC. More on event at “Raleigh Women’s March Is 1/26/19!” Progressive organizations who want to sign up as community partners can sign up here. Facebook event at – https://www.facebook.com/events/1977975525601394/
12:30pm – Gather in front of Legislative Building at 16 W. Jones St in Raleigh
1:00pm – March step-off
1:30pm – Performances begin on stage
2:00pm – Rally begins
3:45pm – Rally ends
5. Wilmington NC – Jan. 26, 2019, 12 PM – 4 PM, Anniversary Women’s March on Wilmington! – https://www.facebook.com/events/260655851395025/
“At 11-ish in the morning we will begin gathering at Innes Park at 102 N. Third Street (at Princess Street) and 11:45 am we will MARCH down Princess Street (3 blocks) to Riverfront Park at the Federal Courthouse for a three hour rally with speakers, poets, and musicians. There will be multiple food trucks on site as well as open/accessible public restrooms. “
“From 3-4 pm there will be a power dance party/celebration of women. From 4 until—Bottega will host an after-party with a cash bar. “
“We are women; hear us roar! “
Added after the fact:
I. Albemarle, Stanly County, NC – Jan. 12, 2019
“Stanly County Women’s March “Working Together is Success”, marched Sat., Jan. 12, in Albemarle, Stanly County, N.C. Organizers claimed over 100 strong gathered at our Courthouse–all ages, all races, all genders, with positive visions.” The Stanly News and Press Online newspaper reported that over 150 people attended, ” More than 150 people came out for inaugural Stanly County Women’s March,” 1/13/19.