Women are getting the women’s marches going around NC. We know of 4 women’s march and rallies so far.
1. Women’s March On Asheville 2019 – January 20, 2019, 11am-2pm, S Pack Square, Asheville NC 28801. The theme is We Believe Survivors!!
Event at – https://www.facebook.com/events/316740779104600/
2. Updated: Triad women are not doing another event this January – they did a March To The Polls last October (10/27/18) to get women fired up to vote in November. They were going to charter a bus to DC on January 18th, but decided to go to the local Asheville March on Jan 20th instead. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to join them.
3. Charlotte NC – Jan. 26, 2019, 11am-3pm, Women United March, First Ward Park
E 8th St and N Brevard St, Charlotte, NC 28202. Event at – https://www.facebook.com/events/2153571928301592/
4. Raleigh NC – Jan. 26, 2019, 1pm-4pm, Women United for Justice, Halifax Mall, Raleigh NC. More on event at “Raleigh Women’s March Is 1/26/19!” Progressive organizations who want to sign up as community partners can sign up here. Facebook event at – https://www.facebook.com/events/1977975525601394/
12:30pm – Gather in front of Legislative Building at 16 W. Jones St in Raleigh
1:00pm – March step-off
1:30pm – Performances begin on stage
2:00pm – Rally begins
3:45pm – Rally ends
5. Wilmington NC – Jan. 26, 2019, 12 PM – 4 PM, Anniversary Women’s March on Wilmington! – https://www.facebook.com/events/260655851395025/
“At 11-ish in the morning we will begin gathering at Innes Park at 102 N. Third Street (at Princess Street) and 11:45 am we will MARCH down Princess Street (3 blocks) to Riverfront Park at the Federal Courthouse for a three hour rally with speakers, poets, and musicians. There will be multiple food trucks on site as well as open/accessible public restrooms. “
“From 3-4 pm there will be a power dance party/celebration of women. From 4 until—Bottega will host an after-party with a cash bar. “
“We are women; hear us roar! “