So many people don’t realize that men and women do not have equal rights under the law. We are planning at least one billboard, but would like to put up two or more. To make this happen we need your help! Please help fund the billboards! And pick your favorite billboard saying, or provide your own for us to consider.
There are so many great ideas! Here are a few rough examples pictured below poll. Choose your favorite. Or provide your own for us to consider.
1. So why aren’t women protected by the constitution? Based on a Minnesota state billboard. Will use a new picture if this option is chosen. Want to be in it? Send us a picture of you and a few others, looking annoyed! Or a photographer friend will take one. Note: picture will have to be high resolution for actual billboard.
2. North Carolina is home to 5.2 million women. Zero are protected in our US Constitution. ERA NOW! (See notes for adjustments)
(Note: wording will change a bit – the right to vote is protected for women in the US Constitution. Just nothing else. Also, NC has 5.2 million women and girls, and 4.2 million women.)
3. Make Mama Happy. The League of Women Voters of NC put this on one side of a mobile billboard for the ERA Bill Filing Day Events on March 5, 2019. We could do something similar, using logos of those supporting the billboard.
4. Nothing protects families like ERA! (LWV-NC). We could do something similar, using logos of those supporting the billboard.
5. What do these women have in common? – None are protected by the constitution. -vdg. Need a workup of this.
6. Black/white high contrast ideas from Chuck Fager. Chuck feels strongly about Cooper Black Print. Says green does not show up well. Deep purple print may work. Need high contrast that can be read from a distance. (Added 6/11/19)
Expanding on our awareness outreach, we are now targeting key areas throughout North Carolina with ads encouraging people to support having North Carolina ratify the Equal Rights Amendment into the U.S. Constitution.
To make this happen we need your help!
Read more about the ERA at “ERA: Alyssa Milano Wants It. How About You?”
Keep up with ERA-NC plans at https://www.era-nc.org/.