In the last 6 months there have been attacks on the basic rights of women to determine when they choose to become pregnant, or when they believe it is in their best interest to terminate a pregnancy. Legislation that severely limits those rights has been proposed throughout the United States. Many of these proposals are in direct conflict with Roe v Wade, the established law that protects a woman’s right to abortion.
TriadNOW, NARAL Pro-Choice NC and ACLU of NC are sponsoring an educational forum on Tuesday, Nov 5, at 6pm in Winston-Salem.
Topics include threats to reproductive access, status of reproductive rights court cases in NC, and action steps. Read more about the event at Triad NOW’s Reproductive Rights Forum.
- Irena Como, Acting Director, ACLU of NC
- Susanna Birdsong, Senior Legislative Counsel, ACLU of NC
- Tara Romano, Executive Director, NARAL Pro-Choice NC
- Amber Gavin, VP of Advocacy and Operations at A Woman’s Choice Clinic in Greensboro
- The Honorable Evelyn Terry, of the State House of Representatives
This is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served.