Please join Fayetteville NOW with any or all of the following events including a Roe v. Wade anniversary event, an event on organizing against racism, and the 21st annual Susan B. Anthony Birthday Reception event.
1. Monday, Jan. 13, 6:00 pm Roe Event: Votes For Women and Reproductive Rights, featuring former legislator Diane Parfitt and Dr. Naveed Aziz. Please come and bring a friend. Cumberland County Main Library, Pate Room. 6pm-7:30pm. Fayetteville NOW event.
2. Thur., Jan. 16, 6:30 pm – Organizing Against Racism
“The 1619 Project”, Cumberland County Main Library. Discussion of the effects of bringing slaves to America and its systemic effects that are still with us. There will be discussion about things we can do. Here is the flyer.
3. Sat., Jan. 18 – March with Fayetteville NOW in the Fayetteville MLK parade
Fayetteville NOW will be marching with the Cape Fear Indivisibles in the MLK parade on January 18 at 11:00am. The plan is to meet in the parking lot behind the courthouse between 10 and 11:00 am. Besides commemorating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and civil rights, we will be showing solidarity with women’s marches around the country. There will be NOW signs available.
4. Tuesday, Jan. 21, 6:00 pm, Fayetteville NOW meeting at the Rape Crisis Center at 519 Ramsey Street.
5. Thu., Feb 20, 5:30pm – Annual Susan B. Anthony Birthday Reception, 5:30 – 7:30 pm. The Fayetteville NOW event is honoring Sylvia Ray, founder of CEED (Center for Empowerment and Development) and former chapter president. This is their 21st annual Susan B. Anthony birthday reception!
Registration form available, and pre-registration is suggested. Very popular event! Pre-registration due by Feb. 15, 2020.
Fayetteville NOW President Roberta Waddle is your contact for these and other events in Fayetteville – firstname.lastname@example.org.