Domestic Violence Panel #4 Program includes the agenda, panelist biographies, upcoming events, information on the Lautenberg Amendment, and more.
Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) programs include the core programs of aiding survivors of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Dating Violence and Stalking (“the four crimes”). The versions of VAWA reauthorization this round was proposed in 2018, 2019 and 2021. VAWA was last reauthorized in 2013.
According to the National Task Force to End Sexual & Domestic Violence,
“While the four crimes have decreased significantly since 1994 when VAWA was first passed, rates of violence are still far too high:
○ One in five women and one in 59 men are raped in their lifetimes;
○ One in four women and one in seven men experience severe physical abuse by an
intimate partner in their lifetimes;
○ One in six women and one in nineteen men experience stalking in their lifetimes;
○ A woman is murdered by a male intimate partner with a gun every sixteen hours;
○ The four crimes disproportionately impact women and members of underserved