The 2019 State Conference in Charlotte on 11/9/19 included new topics, an exciting keynote, diverse attendees and many first timers. We had members and attendees from 18 to 80 and Rep. Deb Butler’s speech was a highlight for all! Our conference theme was “The Time For Justice Is NOW.” NOW covers all issues affecting women, but we delved into a few new areas for NC NOW – how climate change hurts women and gender equity. NC NOW officers were elected, an annual task. We also hosted a panel on threats to reproductive access, an update on the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), six workshops and more. We were honored to include a tribute to long time feminist activist and NC NOW board member Jan Allen.
Deals for NOW members!
- Coronavirus Pandemic Situation Exposes Issues for Women
- Coronavirus Exposes Unemployment Benefit Cruelty, Worse Burden on Women
- Take Action Urging NC leadership to Expand Medicaid ASAP (2020)
- Cavalier: MMIW Speech: Enough Finger Pointing, Start Fixing It
- Women and Allies Tell Government to Punish Femicide in Mexico! 3/2020