NOW Charlotte was well represented at the Mecklenburg County Commissioner’s meeting on March 20, 2018, supporting county opposition to 287g. The federal 287g program is a collaboration between state or local law enforcement and Immigration Customs Enforcement (ICE) federal program that allows local law enforcement to carry out immigration enforcement duties. The Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office has deported over 15,000 people in Mecklenburg County. NOW Charlotte signed onto an anti-287g letter that was signed by over 40 organizations demanding the end of the program.
Deals for NOW members!
- Great Turnout At Lame Duck Special Session & Related Events on 11/27/18
- Resistance Plans for Lame Duck Legislative Session beginning 11/27/18
- How did NC NOW PAC and NOW PAC Endorsed Candidates Do in 2018?
- Evans: The Women’s Wave Rocked the Vote!
- About NC’s Justice System with Retired Judge in Fayetteville on 11/13/18