NOW Charlotte was well represented at the Mecklenburg County Commissioner’s meeting on March 20, 2018, supporting county opposition to 287g. The federal 287g program is a collaboration between state or local law enforcement and Immigration Customs Enforcement (ICE) federal program that allows local law enforcement to carry out immigration enforcement duties. The Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office has deported over 15,000 people in Mecklenburg County. NOW Charlotte signed onto an anti-287g letter that was signed by over 40 organizations demanding the end of the program.
Deals for NOW members!
- Panel on NC Being 38th State to Ratify ERA in Charlotte – 7/12/18
- Action: Stop #SCOTUS Nomination – Save Roe, Save America!
- Fayetteville NOW – Upcoming Meetings and Events – July/Aug 2018
- Save The Date: NC NOW State Conference in Raleigh – 10/20/18
- Bunton: The Impact of one more Conservative #SCOTUS Justice on Roe v Wade