2021 State Conference – Standing Strong NOW!
While it’s been over one hundred years since women won the right to vote, the fight for gender equality continues. Women’s reproductive rights are attacked, Black maternal health is terrible, and NC now ranks worst state in the US for wages, worker protection, and especially for women. We continue standing strong for policies that will improve women’s lives. Join us!
Here are shortcuts to registration and sponsorship.
- To register online, go to https://bit.ly/3CcgJGT.
- To pay online, go to https://wp.me/P22b2e-3vj. Note: Attending for NOW members can be free due to sliding scale we offer.
- To print and mail in your registration form, use the form at https://bit.ly/3ke64Wa.
- To do a sponsorship (which includes registration), go to https://wp.me/P22b2e-3v4.
Find the conference on Facebook as follows.
- Use Facebook Event for Oct 15 to see plans for that evening at www.facebook.com/events/547104763226622/
- Use Facebook Event for Oct 16 to see plans for that morning, 9am-1pm, at www.facebook.com/events/230452722369500/
Note: There are 2 steps to online registration – step 1 is to register online and sign up for workshops (first come first serve). Step 2 is to pay – either online or by printing and mailing in the 2020 NC NOW State Conference Registration and Sponsorship Form (so you register online, but can mail your check in or make other arrangements).
1. Keynote speaker: Rep. Julie von Haefen
Rep. von Haefen speaks on Saturday, Oct 16. Picture and biography at “Rep. Julie von Haefen to Keynote NC NOW Conference.“
2. Two panels are planned. One panel is Friday evening, and one is Saturday morning. Friday evening, we have “Environmental Racism and Its Impact On Women,” organized and moderated by Chapel Hill NOW. On Saturday, we have “Standing Strong for Reproductive Justice.”
3. Great workshops planned. These will be after the panel on Friday evening. When you sign up online, you can register for a workshop as part of that. If you mail in a registration form, we will try to figure out which workshop you want and register you.
4. Registration and Sponsorship.
You can do simple registration, registration with joining or renewing your membership, or sponsorship (which includes registration).
Mail in registration: Use the form at https://bit.ly/3ke64Wa.
Online registration: There are 2 steps to this – part 1 is to register online and sign up for workshops (first come first serve). Part 2 is to pay – either online or by printing and mailing in the 2020 NC NOW State Conference Registration and Sponsorship Form. Note: Attending for NOW members can be free.
Sponsorship: Use the 2021 NC NOW Conference Registration Form With Sponsorship or do sponsorship online.
Past conference themes and speakers
NC NOW has state conferences every year, at which we do elections for our statewide officers. NC NOW members were involved in regional conferences every 2 years through 2015, and in the National NOW conferences every year.
** Past NC NOW state conferences **
2021 – Standing Strong NOW! –via Zoom – keynote speaker is Rep. Julie von Haefen
2020 – Voting Our Future NOW! –via Zoom – keynote speaker is new NOW President Christian Nunes
2019 – The Time For Justice Is NOW! – with Charlotte NOW in Charlotte – keynote speaker is Rep. Deb Butler
2018 – Women Rising Up NOW – with Raleigh NOW in Raleigh– keynote speaker is Civil Rights Attorney, Anita Earls
2017 – Mobilizing Women NOW – with Fayetteville NOW in Fayetteville – keynote speaker NC Secretary Of State Elaine Marshall
2016 – Women Making History NOW – with Raleigh NOW in Raleigh – keynote speaker NC State Auditor Beth Wood
2015 – Focusing Women’s Power NOW – with Triad NOW in Winston-Salem – keynote speaker Congresswoman Alma Adams
2014 – Demand Change NOW – with Durham NOW in Chapel Hill – keynote speaker Rep. Pricey Harrison
2013 – Reclaiming NC NOW – with Fayetteville NOW in Fayetteville – Katy Munger from Progress NC
2012 – Fight Like It’s 1969! Equality and Rights for All Women NOW! – with Charlotte NOW in Charlotte – MaryBe McMillan, Secretary of AFL-CIO NC
2011 – They say “Get Back” – We say “Fight Back!” – with Fayetteville NOW – Rep. Diane Parfitt
2010 – Hope For The Best – Work For It NOW! – with Fayetteville NOW – activist Mandy Carter
2009 – Know Your Rights NOW – with Charlotte NOW in Charlotte – Former President Rebecca Mann
2008 – Women Leading NOW – with Raleigh NOW – Senator Janet Cowell
** SE Regional Conference **
2014 – The Future of Feminism: Forward Together! with Georgia NOW in Atlanta, GA – keynote Patricia Ireland, past president of the National Organization for Women, and labor rights lawyer.
2012 – Powerful Women Joining Forces NOW! with NC NOW in Raleigh – keynote Dr. Anu Kumar, VP of IPAS in Chapel Hill