The 2019 State Conference in Charlotte on 11/9/19 included new topics, an exciting keynote, diverse attendees and many first timers. We had members and attendees from 18 to 80 and Rep. Deb Butler’s speech was a highlight for all! Our conference theme was “The Time For Justice Is NOW.” NOW covers all issues affecting women, but we delved into a few new areas for NC NOW – how climate change hurts women and gender equity. NC NOW officers were elected, an annual task. We also hosted a panel on threats to reproductive access, an update on the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), six workshops and more. We were honored to include a tribute to long time feminist activist and NC NOW board member Jan Allen.
Deals for NOW members!
- Fayetteville NOW president: We should examine our racial biases
- The Military Failed #VanessaGuillen and Others, Must Do Better
- Ours to Tell, A Shared Experience – 7/20/20
- SCOTUS Follows Precedent in Louisiana June Medical Services v. Russo Case
- NC NOW Legislative Update – 29 Jun 2020 – Summary of Short Session