North Carolina lost a feminist warrior when our friend and lifetime NOW member Jan Allen passed away on 9/13/19. Janet Heineman Allen was a wonderful woman who donated decades of her life to working for women’s equality. She joined NOW working for the Equal Rights Amendment over 40 years ago, and continued for decades on our NC NOW board and NC NOW Political Action Committee. She went to almost every national NOW conference through at least 2015 in New Orleans. Jan co-founded Lillian’s List in 1997 to fill a need to support pro-choice progressive women who wanted to run for office. Jan chaired at least one Lillian’s List board and was also on the NC Planned Parenthood board (through Planned Parenthood’s name changes). Over the years, she was a mentor to countless women.
Deals for NOW members!
- Take Action: TweetStorm to push VAWA on 10/16/19 during DVAM
- Rep. Deb Butler to Keynote 2019 NC NOW Conference
- Help Move the Ratify ERA Bill Along in NC, From ERA-NC Alliance
- Organizing Against Racism Groundwater Training in Fayetteville on 10/19/19
- Remember My Name Domestic Violence Vigil – 10/10/19 in Fayetteville